The stairs are a worry,
whatever your age
Managing the stairs is one of the reasons senior citizens feel they have to move out of the homes they love so much. Yes, stairs are a worry, but haven't they always been so? Taking up the laundry, carrying a baby, rushing down to answer the door... the stairs can be a hindrance. But there's no reason they should become an insurmountable problem.
Here is some good advice to make your stairs safer:
- Make sure you have a secure handrail
- Keep your hands free to hold onto the handrail
- Ensure your staircase is well lit
- Make sure carpets or rugs are securely fitted
- Always keep the stairs clear
- Avoid wearing slippery shoes or socks on the stairs
- Wait for the steps to dry after cleaning
- And if the stairs become a real problem, a stairlift is the answer
Made-to-measure technology is the future. Your future.
Discover the many features and configuration possibilities of the thyssenkrupp stairlift products.
We're convinced this could be the perfect solution for a long and happy life at your home.
Our experts are waiting to help